I'm blogging from my hotel room in Glasgow after a full day at the BBC Good Food Show Scotland in the SECC. I wanted to get a quick post up to share my top tips and must dos for the day for anyone heading there tomorrow or Sunday. It was my first ever Good Food Show so I don't really have anything to compare it to. It seemed quieter than I had expected but I suspect the weekend days will be much busier so I'd suggest you get there early. The show was officially opened today by none other than Paul and Mary and they'll also be there on Saturday.
Without further ado here are my top tips
- Pick up a showguide from the holders as you enter the exhibition hall
- Book yourself a place on the #letscocktail masterclass. Best £10 you'll spend at the show. A fantastic hands on workshop with cocktail gurus Tom and Frankie. My favourite part of the whole day!
- Book tickets for a show in the supertheatre. Seats are numbered so there's no real need to arrive the specified 15 minutes before.
- Leave the car at home. Lots of boozy samples to be had.
- The exhibition hall is really warm, you won't need a coat.
- Comfy shoes. Its a long day on your feet.
- The pop up resturant is open 12-4pm. Go early or go late to avoid the queues.
- Bring a rucksack, trolley bag/box if you're going to be doing some serious shopping. Alternatively some stands will let you "buy now collect later" and there's also a "shop and drop" with donations to Guide Dogs Scotland.
- If you want to win a wooden spoon signed by Paul and Mary be prepared to dance like you've never danced before
MUST VISIT STALLS
For Gin Lovers...
- Plant-n-Grow - Fantastic Grow your own Gin Garden kits! These had all sold out on Friday so get there quick.
- Tonic - Scotland's first and only tonic water Walter Gregor
- Gin & Tonic Popcorn at Poporopo
- Hendricks Gin Macarons at Mademeisele Macaron
- Gins - Daffy's (GORGEOUS Bottle), Masons Yorkshire Gin (make sure you try their Yorkshire Tea Edition), Portobello Road, Pickerings (Fab Gin Candles & Christmas Baubles), Martin Miller, & Edinburgh Gin
For food on the go...
Awesome Scotch Eggs frpm Aye Love Real Food
Fab Sausage Rolls from Pig In The Middle
Bread, Cakes & Sweet Treats
Ochil Fudge Pantry
Three Sisters Bake
The Brownie Bar
Fish & Meat
Smoked Gigha Halibut
Hebridean Sea Salt & Seafood
Seriously Good Venison
Campsie Glen Smokehouse
The Hebridean Food Company
Ramsay of Carluke
Oils & Dressings
Mackintosh of Glendaveny
Summer Harvest Oils
Most generous samples!
Have a fantastic time if you are heading to The BBC Good Food Show Scotland over the next two days. Its so difficult to see everything and I'm sure there are some fab stalls that I missed. I'm sorely tempted to go back again tomorrow to see Michel Roux Jr. And to buy another Scotch Egg!
|Bloggers meet GBBO runner up Luis Troyano|
Disclosure: I received a complimentary press ticket to attend The BBC Good Food Show Scotland. All views expressed are my own.