I'm delighted to be guest hosting the No Waste Food Challenge this month. Originally created by Kate at Turquoise Lemons who back in 2012 made a New Year’s resolution to reduce her food waste, it's now overseen by Elizabeth at Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary.
Inspired by the Love Food Hate Waste campaign the No Waste Food Challenge asks fellow food bloggers to share the ways they’ve avoided throwing out those wilted carrots, that cream slightly past it’s best before date or the bits of things long forgotten in the back of the fridge or cupboard. The theme is entirely open – each month you are free to share any recipe which uses up any ingredients which otherwise might have gone to waste. Tell us how you salvaged that stale bread, those spotty mushy brown bananas, etc. There's also a No Waste Food Challenge Pinterest board, which all entries will be added to.
To give you some inspiration here are a few of my own recipes which fit the bill for #NoWasteFoodChallenge
and lastly the one I'm linking up this month. Orange & Lemon Chicken, which is perfect for using up leftover marmalade.
You may also find that your entries will work well with Credit Crunch Munch, co-hosted by Camilla At Fab Food 4 All and Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours, and Extra Veg by Michelle at Utterly Scrummy Food for Families and Helen from Fuss Free Flavours. Don’t forget to check The Food Blog Diary to see what else you could link up to!
1. Please link up your url using the linky included in this post. The linky will be updated at the start of each month. 2. Feel free to republish old posts just make sure you add a link to the current challenge and add the challenge badge, if you fancy (the blue badge at the bottom of this post). Use of the badge is optional.
3. Make sure you link up before the end of the month.
4. Posts will be added to the No Waste Food Challenge Pinterest Board to help spread the food waste prevention love. I will also Stumble and Tweet all entries, as well as including them all in a full round up.
5. Please make sure your post includes a link back to this blog post and to Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
6. Tweet @Foodie Quine and @TangoRaindrop with the tag #NoWasteFoodChallenge and we will retweet