The Easter bunny has been and the house is full of chocolate. Sound familiar? Believe it or not sometimes there can actually be such a thing as too much chocolate. Easter Eggs, bars and buttons can all be melted down and used in baking if you and your kids have been flooded with treats and simply can't face unwrapping and devouring another egg in its current form. According to Love Food Hate Waste, 30,000 tonnes of chocolate and sweets are thrown away in the UK every single year. Don't let your eggs become part of that statistic! With the kids now on their Easter holidays either of these no bake cakes would be ideal for them to help make when the "I'm bored" whining starts. The recipes are so good they're worth worth buying more Chocolate for if you've eaten it all!
MALT-EASTER TRAY BAKE
3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
200g Digestive Biscuits
120g Maltesers (1 box)
200g Mini or Micro Eggs
300g Milk Chocolate
Melt the margarine and syrup in a saucepan and remove from the heat.
Put the digestives, maltesers and 100g of the mini eggs in a sealed bag and bash with a rolling pin. (If you are using Micro Eggs keep them whole)
Mix the bashed ingredients into the melted ones.
Spoon into a greased/lined 34cm x 20 cm tray bake tin and flatten.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a bain marie and pour over the top of the biscuit mix.
Bash the remaining 100g of Mini/Micro Eggs and sprinkle on top of the chocolate.
Refrigerate until set then cut into chunks.
WHITE CHOCOLATE EASTER BARK
300g White Chocolate
200g Mini or Micro Eggs
170g Mini Marshmallows
Hundreds & Thousands
Melt chocolate in the microwave or over a bain marie, allow to cool slightly before you mix through marshmallows and bashed mini, or whole micro eggs.
Spread in a greased/lined 34cm x 20 cm traybake tin.
Sprinkle with hundreds & thousands.
Refrigerate until set.
Cut into slices as large as your mouth allows
There are lots of fab ideas out there for using up leftover Easter chocolate. Here are a dozen of my favourite no bake chocolate recipes from fellow food bloggers
- Nobbly-bobbly spiced chocolate biscoff fruit & nut crispy cake bites from Family Friends Food
- Easter White Chocolate Bark from Kerry Cooks
- Avocado and Chocolate Truffles from The Petite Cook
- Chocolate Quinoa Crunch Bars from Rough Measures
- Easter Chocolate Fridge Tray Bake from Sew White
- Chocolate and Amaretti Slice from Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Vegan Pistachio Chocolate Truffles from Emily's Recipes and Reviews
- Chocolate Biscuit Cake from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary
- Easter Chocolate Granola Cakes from Fab Food 4 All
- Mocha Coconut Clusters from Anne's Kitchen
- Kiksekage - Chocolate Biscuit Cake from Simply Food
- Hidden Easter Egg Chocolate Truffles from ET Speaks from Home